Webinar Recording for Military Spouses: Flexible & Remote Jobs That Travel with You
FlexJobs and our partners at Military Families magazine hosted an informative webinar on remote work trends for military spouses, and you can view the recording below!
This 60-minute video of our live event covers the flexible and remote job market, what flexible jobs actually are, top fields for flexible and remote work, and how to avoid scams. Our experts also discuss how to position yourself for flexible work in terms of skills and resume tips. The video also includes audience questions that our panelists answered live.
What You’ll Learn
- The different types of flexible jobs that are a good fit for military spouses (and anyone who needs work flexibility!): remote, flexible schedule, part-time, freelance, and more
- The most common career fields for flexible jobs and the most common remote job titles
- How to customize your resume for flexible and remote job applications
- The most in-demand skills for flexible and remote workers (including skills you already have and skills you can easily build)
- How the FlexJobs career coaching team can help you reach your goals (fun fact: two of our career coaches are military spouses!)
Watch the Webinar Recording
You can also download a PDF version of the slides.
About Our Webinar Presenters
Bianca Strzalkowski is the Managing Editor for AmeriForce Media, including Military Families magazine, and a Marine Corps wife of 16 years. She is experienced in journalism, editing, and public relations. Bianca worked as a news reporter for daily and weekly newspapers in eastern North Carolina, covering every beat from business to religion, along with local features. She has a B.S. in business administration and journalism. Currently, Bianca serves as a mentor with the American Corporate Partners and is a member of the American Copy Editors Society.
Toni Frana, also a military spouse, is the FlexJobs Career Coaching Program Team Lead and a career coach and resume writer. Toni has over 17 years of experience coaching both individual job seekers at all career levels and small business owners at varying stages in their business growth. In addition, she has been working in the flexible and remote job market for several years. Her goal is to empower job seekers with the best information, tools, and resources, so they can be highly confident in searching for a job suited to their personal and professional goals.
FlexJobs and Military Spouses
FlexJobs is a proud supporter of the military community. We work hard to help military spouses meet their unique employment needs, and we hire both veterans and military spouses on our own team.
In 2019 alone, FlexJobs supported multiple initiatives to support military spouses and veterans:
- Partnered with the Department of Defense as an official Military Spouse Employment Partner (MSEP) where we committed to recruit, hire, promote, and retain military spouses in order to help reduce the high unemployment rate of this group.
- Joined the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring our Heroes campaign and pledged to hire military spouses to fill 5% of our open vacancies.
- Donated to Blue Star Families, a nonprofit that seeks to provide community, education, and job resources to military families.
Through these efforts, we hope to support and encourage military spouses in finding remote jobs that lead to lasting and sustainable employment. Furthermore, many military spouses have successfully used our platform.
Photo Credit: bigstockphoto.com
A version of this article was originally published on February 4, 2020.
Don’t forget to share this article with friends!
Brie Weiler Reynolds, Senior Career Specialist
Brie Weiler Reynolds is the Career Development Manager and a career coach and resume writer at FlexJobs, the award-winning site for remote, flexible schedule, and freelance job listings. She provides practical information and resources to help people overcome their roadblocks…Read More >
We’d love to hear your thoughts and questions. Please leave a comment below! All fields are required.